Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Creality LD-002r 'unknown file format!' error

So my first test print is running on my LD-002r, but first I had to figure out why it wouldn't use my "g-code" file

The Chitubox slicer program defaults to saving gcode files with the .cbddlp extention and that is what I saved my file to after slicing. I tried to print that file and was given an "unkown file format!" error by the printer. I figured the default wasn't what was used so I checked the printer instructions to be sure - and they did indeed show the file being printed having  the cbddlp extention. I figured something odd was going on so started doing all sorts of crazy things to get the printer to recognize my gcode file as readable. I tried: re-slicing, using a different object, simplifying the objects I was printing, all with no luck.

On a hunch I re-sliced my test object and saved it in several different file formats. I then plugged my USB stick back into the LD-002r printer, pressed print and immediately saw an improvement, the file with the .ctb extention had a tiny render of my object instead of a generic file icon above it. I selected it and all was good.

Now I wait...

Just to add to this, I had trouble getting my LD-002R to recognise .ctb files. Turned out I just had to roll back to ChituBox version 1.7. I was stoked to see the little render of the print and know it was going to recognise it 🙂

Great to know, thank you for posting the above. I do have an old version of ChituBox (v1.6.3) so was not aware of this additional problem.